They Talk About It ..... I DO it.
WHY I AM RUNNING:
- I am tired of the BACK DOOR deals which allow developers to secure council votes BEFORE public input.
- Frustrated with the lack of progress on the downtown (Please see my 5 Step Plan to Improve our Downtown and Gilroy which we presented to council, city administrator, and mayor.)
- Protect Measure H, passed by the 12,000 voters in 2016, which maintains Gilroy's small-town character, protects open space/farmland/water resources (while still maintaining growth) encourages downtown and economic investment/growth, stops sprawl and the traffic it creates, and puts control in the voter's hands.
The U.S Government’s study “Getting to Smart Growth” showed that open space, working land, quality of life and a vibrant downtown were the determining factors in Hewlett Packard, Intel and Hyundai’s decision to build in Portland, Oregon which validates why we passed Measure H.
MY OPPONENT DANIEL HARNEY:
- OPPOSED MEASURE H. "So if you look at that comprehensively, that is why I'm against Measure H." (Gilroy Dispatch, October 14, 2016.)
- VOTED “YES” TO APPROVE THE HECKER PASS SPECIFIC PLAN—AGRI-TOURISM PROJECT